Advertisements

October 12, 2014

Quiz 33- Biology-General Studies: General Knowledge Question & Answers

321 Q) "Consider the following statements 
I. In birds bone marrow is filled with air-sacs. 
II. Air-sacs in birds helps in respiration as well as in body temperature regulation. 
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?"

(a) Only I
(b) Only II
(c) Both I and II
(d) Neither I nor III

322 Q) "Consider the following statements 
I. Chloroplast is known as cell within cell organelle. 
II. Chloroplast is the largest cell organelle found in plant cells. 
III. Chloroplasts have single stranded extra-chromosomal DNA. 
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?"

(a) All of these
(b) I and II
(c) I and III
(d) Only III

Biology Objective Bit Bank from Various Competitive Exams, GK Quiz Multiple Choice Questions with answers asked in Many Civil Service Exams with Key, Quiz on General Knowledge, GK Test,  Questions & Answers for UPSC IAS, SSC Tier 1, Bank PO Clerical, Railway RRB, APPSC, APSPSC & TPSC
323 Q) Which of the following is the most important factor for speciation?

(a) Morphological isolation
(b) Ethological isolation
(c) Reproductive isolatio
(d) Geographical isolation


324 Q) Which of the following cell organelle is mainly concerned with detoxification of drugs one takes during illness?

(a) Smooth ER
(b) Rough ER
(c) Mitochondria
(d) Lysosomes

325 Q) "Consider the following statements 
I. Sphenodon, a living fossil is found in New Zealand. 
II. Heloderma is a only poisonous lizard found in Nearctic region. 
III. Phrynosoma, a homed toad is found in Australian region. 
Which of the statements given above Is/are correct?"

(a)I and II
(b) II and III
(c) I and III
(d) All of these

                       
326 Q) "Consider the following statements 
I. Frogs can breathe by lungs as well as skin. 
II. Gills are present in certain stages of lifespan of Frogs. 
 Which of the statements given above is/are correct?"

(a) Only I
(b) Only II
(c) Both 1 and II
(d) Neither I nor III

327 Q) The ultimate cause of water movement in a plant stem against gravity is

(a) osmosis
(b) transpiration
(c) photosynthesis
(d) diffusion

328 Q) The genes which confer antibiotic resistance to bacteria are located in

(a) plasmid
(b) nucleoid DNA
(c) RNA
(d) cell wall

329 Q) "Select the correct answer 
I. Galactose 
II. Mannose 
III. Lactose 
Which of the sugar(s) given above has/have make the mucilage found in some fruits like ‘Bhindi’?"

(a) Only I
(b) I and II
(c) II and III
(d) Only III

330 Q) Which among the following hormones is known as the Emergency hormone”?

(a) Thyroxine
(b) Oxytocin
(c) Vasopressin
(d) Adrenalin
Attempt Next Biology Quiz Here
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

Advertisements

No comments:

Followers