- Fundamental Duties added on the recommendation of Swaran Singh Committee.
- These are non-justifiable i.e their compliance cannot be enforced by law, but serves as moral responsibility on the citizens.
- Originally 10 Fundamental Duties , 11th Fundamental Duty was added by 86th Amendment in 2002. At Present we have 11 Fundamental Duties.
- Fundamental rights and Fundamental duties are correlated. Either of them cannot be ignored.
- To create a general awareness of the provisions of fundamental duties amongst the citizens on the lines recommended by the Justice Verma Committee in 1999
List of all 11 Fundamental Duties in India are